Printing and Visual Imaging
‘The UK is the world’s 5th largest producer of printing products, employing over 116,000 employees. With a turnover of £13.8 billion across 8,400 companies and £700 million per annum capital investment, printing adds more value to the UK economy than any other manufacturing industry apart from pharmaceuticals.’ – British Printing Industries Federation.
We have worked closely alongside printing and visual imaging companies for many years and developed a strong understanding of the particular challenges which confront our clients in this sector. Some examples of these include:
- Attracting a good quality, skilled workforce; access to funding to recruit apprenticeship skills and training
- Significant capital investment to keep up with changing technologies
- The impact of social media
- Taking best possible advantage of R&D tax relief; help to look at new, innovative ways of production
- Managing cashflow in an industry renowned for having to deal with long payment terms and often late customer payments.
- Importing supplies from the EU – with 90% of UK printers importing supplies from the EU, changes in exchange rates and rising cost of supplies due to the impact of Brexit.
We can help you to take best advantage of funding available whether it is towards capital investment, skills and training or R&D tax relief. We can help control and monitor your margins, overheads and working capital through strong financial management and minimise your tax liabilities through robust tax planning.
The ability of the print industry to operate successfully has a vital bearing on the country’s infrastructure as a whole – serving central and local government, publishing, financial services, retailing, distribution, travel & tourism, manufacturing industries, food & drink and pharmaceuticals.
There is often a perception among many outside the industry that printing is old fashioned and un-environmentally friendly. In fact, print and paper is a uniquely sustainable medium that uses renewable and recyclable raw material and recent trends have seen falls in e-book sales while the sales of printed books are growing. Kirk Newsholme remains committed to supporting companies within this sector and are passionate about offering practical advice based on our specialist knowledge.
For more information about how we can help your business please call Ben Maughan on 0113 2044217 or email email@example.com