Outgrown your current advisors?
“There’s no planning – everything seems to be reactive”
Many of our clients were previously serviced by very small accountancy practices. Typically, they may have been with the same firm since they began trading – an arrangement which suited their needs perfectly well until their business began to grow.
Recognising the need to move to a larger practice isn’t always straightforward. These are some of the warning signs that eventually led clients to look towards Kirk Newsholme:
- Everything seems to be done at the last minute
- Business decisions made without detailed and timely accounting information
- Late filing penalties incurred when the information was provided to the accountant months earlier
- Surprise tax payments – creating cash flow issues
- Lack of personal attention
- Shortage of tax-focused advice
- Old fashioned working practices
- Lack of input on non-routine issues
- Calls not returned promptly
- Less familiar with the needs of growing firms – the accountant’s client base is mainly small, non-growth business