The Extra Mile… Kirk Newsholme’s unique approach to client service
What does ‘exceptional service’ mean to you? Naturally we have our own ideas – you’ll find them set out on this page – but essentially, when you work with Kirk Newsholme we’ll go out of our way to make sure we serve you in the way you want us to.
We’ll take time out to ask you what you expect from us, finding out how we can work within your company culture and your way of doing things. We’ll establish high standards from the start… and then do our best not just to meet them, but to exceed them.
In short, we’ll go the extra mile to put you in control of our relationship.
Some of the ways we put this approach into practice are detailed below. This will give you a strong idea of the way we work – but remember, everything we offer can be tailored to suit you. You’re the client!
Business Planning Session
An initial business planning session is normally arranged. Typically this involves a half-day time commitment, the purpose of which is to identify areas in which opportunities for improved business performance may exist.
Full systems review
We will carry out a review of your present accounting systems and, where appropriate and practical, we will make recommendations for improvements.
Tax planning meeting
You’ll benefit from a dedicated tax planning meeting in advance of your company year end, to discuss ways in which we can minimise your taxation liabilities.
Pre-year-end accounting assistance
Forward planning is crucial here. We’ll agree a timetable for the completion of your year-end financial statements and will offer you a client assistance programme to ensure that all relevant information for accounts and tax is captured before we start work.
We’ll meet with you to discuss draft financial statements and tax computations, together with any issues that may have arisen during their preparation. We’ll also agree any amendments required. We will also make recommendations for improvements to your systems if appropriate.
In addition to the above, you will receive all the following benefits – as standard and without extra charges – as part of the package of services we agree at the start of our relationship:
- Ad-hoc telephone support.
- Remuneration planning for directors to ensure that this is tax efficient.
- Review of directors’ personal tax codings to ensure that HMRC are using up to date information.
- Acting as a sounding board to the directors on commercial strategy.
- Preparation of dividend minutes and vouchers where appropriate.
- Review of inherited corporate tax position to investigate if any further reliefs are available.
- Electronic submission of corporation tax return including tagging the accounts (iXBRL).
- Preparation and submission of your company’s Annual Return to Companies House.
- Preparation of abbreviated financial statements where appropriate for submission to Companies House.
- Provision of closedown accounting information to enable you to move accurately on to the new accounting year.