Corporate Social Responsibility
Our CSR Commitment
Reducing our carbon footprint
We are proud to be an environmentally friendly business and reducing our carbon footprint is important to us, hence we put recycling & sustainability at the forefront of our CSR values. We have been a paperless office for a number of years using a complete electronic filing system as well as recycling all office waste and shredded documentation where applicable.
We continually look to target good talent and have a school-leavers apprenticeship scheme in place offering fantastic opportunities to young people in our community from diverse cultures and backgrounds. We have relationships with many of the high schools in our region where we regularly attend careers events to give an insight to young people about the benefits of Apprenticeships.
As a Mindful Employer we spread awareness of mental health and wellbeing among our employees and strive to create a healthy and safe working environment where our staff can feel comfortable about approaching members of staff about mental health discussions.
We aim to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to individual staff who experience mental ill health.
- Not make assumptions that a person with a mental health condition will be more vulnerable to workplace stress or take more time off than any other employee or job applicant.
- Show a positive and enabling attitude to all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition. This will include positive statements in local recruitment literature.
- Ensure all line managers have access to information and training about managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure that all staff involved in recruitment and selection are briefed on mental health conditions and The Equality Act 2010, and given appropriate interview skills. Make it clear in any recruitment or occupational health check that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
We work with different charities throughout the year to offer our support in the way of fundraising to help make a difference to our local community – in particular, we hold an annual corporate charity event which all our staff our are invited to take part in and have a say in which charity we support.